New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Kitchen Items
Wine Bottles or Corks
- Use as bookends: A pair of bottles, with or without the contents, can hold a small library together.
- Organize jewelry: Poke stud earrings into a cork and toss it in your travel bag.
- Replace a rolling pin: Roll piecrust or pizza dough flat with a wine bottle.
- Keep your boots up: Slide bottles into boots when storing them so they keep their shape and stand up straight.
- Pack party favors: Send dinner guests home with some of your special sauce or cocktail mix in rinsed-out bottles; replace the labels with decals if you like.
- Secure your supplies: Cap an X-Acto knife with a wine cork.
- Stop scratches: Slice corks into disks and glue them to the bottoms of furniture or heavy pottery to protect delicate floors.
Next: Ice Cube Trays
Most Popular Galleries
“You *know* you ought to take the stairs instead of the elevator and floss every night… and yet, sometimes not doing those good-for-you extra steps is all the more tempting. If you’re a parent and...”
Even though William Shakespeare would have turned 450 years old today, his plays...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Australian researchers are trying a novel way to boost the power of cochlear im...
This month, we asked you to ditch the cleaning for styling instead . . ....
from POPSUGAR Home
Who needs shoes? Because really, walking around in heels or even sneakers ca...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Few homeowners would willingly sacrifice a bedroom, but since the woman who own...