New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Kitchen Items
Wine Bottles or Corks
- Use as bookends: A pair of bottles, with or without the contents, can hold a small library together.
- Organize jewelry: Poke stud earrings into a cork and toss it in your travel bag.
- Replace a rolling pin: Roll piecrust or pizza dough flat with a wine bottle.
- Keep your boots up: Slide bottles into boots when storing them so they keep their shape and stand up straight.
- Pack party favors: Send dinner guests home with some of your special sauce or cocktail mix in rinsed-out bottles; replace the labels with decals if you like.
- Secure your supplies: Cap an X-Acto knife with a wine cork.
- Stop scratches: Slice corks into disks and glue them to the bottoms of furniture or heavy pottery to protect delicate floors.
Next: Ice Cube Trays
Most Popular Galleries
“A quick reminder: If you live in an area that observes Daylight Saving time, it begins Sunday, March 9, at 2:00 a.m. Be sure to turn your clock forward one hour—and start enjoying that extra...”
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
You already know snack foods like chips, crackers, and pretzels pack a lot of s...
It's hard during Fashion Weeks galore not to look to designers, models, and...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Theyre the first thing visitors see when approaching your home (even bef...