New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Kitchen Items
Wine Bottles or Corks
- Use as bookends: A pair of bottles, with or without the contents, can hold a small library together.
- Organize jewelry: Poke stud earrings into a cork and toss it in your travel bag.
- Replace a rolling pin: Roll piecrust or pizza dough flat with a wine bottle.
- Keep your boots up: Slide bottles into boots when storing them so they keep their shape and stand up straight.
- Pack party favors: Send dinner guests home with some of your special sauce or cocktail mix in rinsed-out bottles; replace the labels with decals if you like.
- Secure your supplies: Cap an X-Acto knife with a wine cork.
- Stop scratches: Slice corks into disks and glue them to the bottoms of furniture or heavy pottery to protect delicate floors.
Next: Ice Cube Trays
“Follow this general rule of thumb to ensure you have enough wine to serve (without overbuying) at your next event....”
Want to know what recipes, rooms and other products I’m currently crushing on? C...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
It's a breakthrough that could help thousands of American soldiers returning fr...
Look back at the best home decor Instagrams from 2013 - Home Watch Kellan Lutz...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Hospitality doesnt come naturally to everyone, but a little thoughtfulness can...