New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Kitchen Items
Wine Bottles or Corks
- Use as bookends: A pair of bottles, with or without the contents, can hold a small library together.
- Organize jewelry: Poke stud earrings into a cork and toss it in your travel bag.
- Replace a rolling pin: Roll piecrust or pizza dough flat with a wine bottle.
- Keep your boots up: Slide bottles into boots when storing them so they keep their shape and stand up straight.
- Pack party favors: Send dinner guests home with some of your special sauce or cocktail mix in rinsed-out bottles; replace the labels with decals if you like.
- Secure your supplies: Cap an X-Acto knife with a wine cork.
- Stop scratches: Slice corks into disks and glue them to the bottoms of furniture or heavy pottery to protect delicate floors.
Next: Ice Cube Trays
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Excel spreadsheets are usually used to track the most banal of things: budgets t...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Too much tweeting could be hurting your relationship, according to a new study....
Simple updates to a small space like your bathroom can make a big impact without...
from POPSUGAR Home
You NEED this. Read more: Hot Fudge Sundae , Fudge Sauce , Ent...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Jordan Menzel went out for a bike ride around downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, on...