New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Kitchen Items
These items step up to the plate in less time than it takes to heat up leftovers.
- Shoo flies: Invert the colander and use it as a bug tent over burgers and buns during a cookout.
- Create a casual luminaria: Place tea lights or votives inside a metal version.
- Wash your delicates: Don't throw lingerie into the sink for hand washing. Peroxide from some toothpastes and caustic agents from other cleansers can bleach, stain, degrade, and even disintegrate delicate fabrics. Instead, put the colander in the sink and wash the garments inside it.
- Make a kid's Halloween costume: A stainless-steel colander is a perfect Martian helmet. Attach ribbons to the handles and tie them under the chin.
- Sift flour in a pinch: Pour flour into a colander and shake it back and forth over a larger bowl. (Use a wooden spoon to break up lumps, if necessary.)
Next: Wine Bottles or Corks
Most Popular Galleries
“Believe it or not, a recent study reveals that gift cards are this season's favorite gift to give and receive....”
Emerald may have been the color of choice in 2013, but other gem-inspired jewel ...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Running shoes may soon be smart enough to tell their wearers how to improve the...
The TV-above-the-mantel situation can sometimes feel unavoidable - you want a sp...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Do you use it? Do you love it? Does it even work? If youve been secretly wishin...