New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Kitchen Items
These items step up to the plate in less time than it takes to heat up leftovers.
- Shoo flies: Invert the colander and use it as a bug tent over burgers and buns during a cookout.
- Create a casual luminaria: Place tea lights or votives inside a metal version.
- Wash your delicates: Don't throw lingerie into the sink for hand washing. Peroxide from some toothpastes and caustic agents from other cleansers can bleach, stain, degrade, and even disintegrate delicate fabrics. Instead, put the colander in the sink and wash the garments inside it.
- Make a kid's Halloween costume: A stainless-steel colander is a perfect Martian helmet. Attach ribbons to the handles and tie them under the chin.
- Sift flour in a pinch: Pour flour into a colander and shake it back and forth over a larger bowl. (Use a wooden spoon to break up lumps, if necessary.)
Next: Wine Bottles or Corks
Most Popular Galleries
“Believe it or not, it's easy to make charitable contributions without spending a dime. By visiting freekibble.com you can help homeless pets just by answering fun trivia questions....”
[sponsored post] When I first moved in with my fiance, chores were a pretty frau...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
Stress makes its mark on the female face, according to a new study that finds m...
It's not always easy to commit to color, but with these bright orange accen...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
There are a lot of things a bride could keep to remember her wedding day: a dres...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
When a San Francisco couple was looking for a second home in Sonoma, California...