New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Kitchen Items
These items step up to the plate in less time than it takes to heat up leftovers.
- Shoo flies: Invert the colander and use it as a bug tent over burgers and buns during a cookout.
- Create a casual luminaria: Place tea lights or votives inside a metal version.
- Wash your delicates: Don't throw lingerie into the sink for hand washing. Peroxide from some toothpastes and caustic agents from other cleansers can bleach, stain, degrade, and even disintegrate delicate fabrics. Instead, put the colander in the sink and wash the garments inside it.
- Make a kid's Halloween costume: A stainless-steel colander is a perfect Martian helmet. Attach ribbons to the handles and tie them under the chin.
- Sift flour in a pinch: Pour flour into a colander and shake it back and forth over a larger bowl. (Use a wooden spoon to break up lumps, if necessary.)
Next: Wine Bottles or Corks
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
For health care workers and researchers, wearing pressurized, full-body suits ar...
Even if you can't name a lot of iconic midcentury designs, chances are you ...
from POPSUGAR Home
RESPECT. Read more: Best Coffee , Coffee Addict , Cheap Coffee...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Passive design strategies are becoming widely accepted as a way to drasticall...