New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Home Office Items
Make your office supplies work double time with these new twists.
New Uses for Transparent Tape
- Prepare to pucker up: For a smoother finish, press the sticky side of a piece of tape to your lips to remove dry skin (that is not cracked) before applying lipstick.
- Identify plants: Use clear tape to cover seed markers in the garden. You'll be able to read the names all season long, rain or shine.
- Try a new color: Find out what "Hot Tamale" nail polish will look like on you. Place a small piece of tape on your fingernail, then brush on a test coat.
- Arrange flowers: Clear tape, when applied across the mouth of a vase in a grid formation, makes an invisible guide for arranging flowers.
- Seal the frayed end of a shoelace. Create your own plastic end with a wrapped piece of tape.
- Get hung up: Before hanging a picture on a plaster wall, put a small piece of tape where the nail will go. This will prevent the plaster from chipping when you hammer in the nail.
Next: New Uses for Corkboard
Most Popular Galleries
“Fresh out of creative ideas for your mother-in-law? If your ever-growing holiday shopping list is overwhelming, don't stress just yet....”
PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid! Pantone revealed their 2014 color of the year ye...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
With flu season's early start this year, and strains of the virus hitting unluc...
Pantone has announced its color of the year for 2014, Radiant Orchid, and the sh...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
As the winds whip and the temperatures plunge, theres nothing better than escap...