New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Home Office Items
Make your office supplies work double time with these new twists.
New Uses for Transparent Tape
- Prepare to pucker up: For a smoother finish, press the sticky side of a piece of tape to your lips to remove dry skin (that is not cracked) before applying lipstick.
- Identify plants: Use clear tape to cover seed markers in the garden. You'll be able to read the names all season long, rain or shine.
- Try a new color: Find out what "Hot Tamale" nail polish will look like on you. Place a small piece of tape on your fingernail, then brush on a test coat.
- Arrange flowers: Clear tape, when applied across the mouth of a vase in a grid formation, makes an invisible guide for arranging flowers.
- Seal the frayed end of a shoelace. Create your own plastic end with a wrapped piece of tape.
- Get hung up: Before hanging a picture on a plaster wall, put a small piece of tape where the nail will go. This will prevent the plaster from chipping when you hammer in the nail.
Next: New Uses for Corkboard
Most Popular Galleries
“A quick reminder: If you live in an area that observes Daylight Saving time, it begins Sunday, March 9, at 2:00 a.m. Be sure to turn your clock forward one hour—and start enjoying that extra...”
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Genean Hixon, whose breakthrough treatment with penicillin at age 12 during Wor...
The allure of living in a sprawling prefab nestled on a scenic plot of land is u...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
There are small spaces, and then there are microspaces. The architects and de...