New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Home Office Items
Make your office supplies work double time with these new twists.
New Uses for Transparent Tape
- Prepare to pucker up: For a smoother finish, press the sticky side of a piece of tape to your lips to remove dry skin (that is not cracked) before applying lipstick.
- Identify plants: Use clear tape to cover seed markers in the garden. You'll be able to read the names all season long, rain or shine.
- Try a new color: Find out what "Hot Tamale" nail polish will look like on you. Place a small piece of tape on your fingernail, then brush on a test coat.
- Arrange flowers: Clear tape, when applied across the mouth of a vase in a grid formation, makes an invisible guide for arranging flowers.
- Seal the frayed end of a shoelace. Create your own plastic end with a wrapped piece of tape.
- Get hung up: Before hanging a picture on a plaster wall, put a small piece of tape where the nail will go. This will prevent the plaster from chipping when you hammer in the nail.
Next: New Uses for Corkboard
Most Popular Galleries
“Who cares if it’s still only spring? We’re already thinking about our first summer swim—and we want our readers to be prepared. So when you’re in and out of the pool, use these surprising tips from...”
For years and years my husband and I lived in an apartment that was fairly avera...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
When you start dating a new woman, everyone becomes a critic: She's great, she'...
It's time for the 2013 POPSUGAR 100 bracket! Over the next few weeks we nee...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Light fixtures can be changed. Colors can be painted over. Ugly floors can be co...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
In 1908 in Haarlem, the Netherlands (yes, New York City's Harlem neighborhood w...