New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Bedroom Items
New Uses for Pillowcases
- Keep your underwear under wraps: When traveling, pack intimates in a pillowcase within your suitcase so they don't get lost in a pant leg or emerge at an airport security checkpoint.
- Protect party dresses: Slit a hole in the top of a pillowcase and slide it over a hanger for a durable slipcover.
- Fend off dust: Use a pillowcase to cover a sewing machine or any other small appliance that collects dirt in its crevices.
- Make lettuce last longer: After shaking off excess water from just-washed greens, place them in a clean cotton pillowcase. Pat dry and put the whole thing in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. The moist cotton will keep the lettuce fresh longer than a plastic bag alone.
- Fashion a child's smock: Cut a large neck hole in the top of a pillowcase and two smaller armholes in the sides. Gather the fabric between the neck hole and each armhole and tie with ribbon to help the smock sit on narrow shoulders.
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Yes, they’re annoying--and, yes, there are ways to deal. ...
Your square footage is set in stone, but if your space feels stuffed with stuff,...
from POPSUGAR Home
Chocolate bourbon bacon pie is never a mistake. Read more: #Hpfo...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
It’s back-to-school time, and one great way to support your budding or independ...