New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Bedroom Items
New Uses for Pillowcases
- Keep your underwear under wraps: When traveling, pack intimates in a pillowcase within your suitcase so they don't get lost in a pant leg or emerge at an airport security checkpoint.
- Protect party dresses: Slit a hole in the top of a pillowcase and slide it over a hanger for a durable slipcover.
- Fend off dust: Use a pillowcase to cover a sewing machine or any other small appliance that collects dirt in its crevices.
- Make lettuce last longer: After shaking off excess water from just-washed greens, place them in a clean cotton pillowcase. Pat dry and put the whole thing in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. The moist cotton will keep the lettuce fresh longer than a plastic bag alone.
- Fashion a child's smock: Cut a large neck hole in the top of a pillowcase and two smaller armholes in the sides. Gather the fabric between the neck hole and each armhole and tie with ribbon to help the smock sit on narrow shoulders.
“The unofficial plant of the holiday season, try a fun twist on displaying usually-potted poinsettias by showing off a single stem: Simply cut a blossom off of your plant, and place in a shiny bud...”
PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid! Pantone revealed their 2014 color of the year ye...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Today in many markets, Medicaid patients find it nearly impossible to seek a me...
Over the last few years, Instagram has become yet another outlet for discovering...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pml7oaxhBuU?rel=0&autoplay=1 Check out the vi...