New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Bedroom Items
New Uses for Pillowcases
- Keep your underwear under wraps: When traveling, pack intimates in a pillowcase within your suitcase so they don't get lost in a pant leg or emerge at an airport security checkpoint.
- Protect party dresses: Slit a hole in the top of a pillowcase and slide it over a hanger for a durable slipcover.
- Fend off dust: Use a pillowcase to cover a sewing machine or any other small appliance that collects dirt in its crevices.
- Make lettuce last longer: After shaking off excess water from just-washed greens, place them in a clean cotton pillowcase. Pat dry and put the whole thing in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. The moist cotton will keep the lettuce fresh longer than a plastic bag alone.
- Fashion a child's smock: Cut a large neck hole in the top of a pillowcase and two smaller armholes in the sides. Gather the fabric between the neck hole and each armhole and tie with ribbon to help the smock sit on narrow shoulders.
Most Popular Galleries
“Who cares if it’s still only spring? We’re already thinking about our first summer swim—and we want our readers to be prepared. So when you’re in and out of the pool, use these surprising tips from...”
For years and years my husband and I lived in an apartment that was fairly avera...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
When you start dating a new woman, everyone becomes a critic: She's great, she'...
It's time for the 2013 POPSUGAR 100 bracket! Over the next few weeks we nee...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Light fixtures can be changed. Colors can be painted over. Ugly floors can be co...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
In 1908 in Haarlem, the Netherlands (yes, New York City's Harlem neighborhood w...