New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Bedroom Items
The items that keep your bed comfortable and wardrobe neat do aha! double duty.
New Uses for Bedsheets
- Dress up a bathroom: To replace a plain vinyl shower curtain, attach 16 clip-on drapery rings to one edge of a sheet, then slide it onto a shower-curtain rod. Back it with a waterproof plastic liner.
- Sleep easier: If your mattress dips in the middle, place several folded bedsheets under the center to even out the surface. (The number you need will depend on the depth of the dip.)
- Beat the heat: Tie the corners of a large sheet to close-set trees in your backyard for instant summer shade.
- Keep the car clean: To protect upholstery and carpet from pet hair, mud, and grass, line your vehicle's seats and floor with sheets when you're going hiking or taking your dog to the vet.
- Make a headboard: Wrap a sheet over a piece of plywood, staple in back, and prop up as a headboard for a quick decor update.
- Move furniture: Place a sheet underneath heavy furniture to protect floors and make repositioning easier.
Next: New Uses for a Tie Rack
Most Popular Galleries
“These days, plenty of engaged couples already have bedding, kitchen appliances, and other items you'd need to furnish a home and begin a life together. So, what's an engaged couple to do if they'd...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
If you want your obsession for ombre manicures, mustache mugs and chevron pillow...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
A woman has given birth to a more than 13-pound baby at a southeastern Pennsylv...
In the heart of Soho sits a classic, New York apartment with a California soul. ...
from POPSUGAR Home
This week's worst-dressed list was filled with moments we'd like to fo...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
The kitchen is often the heart of t...