New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Bedroom Items
The items that keep your bed comfortable and wardrobe neat do aha! double duty.
New Uses for Bedsheets
- Dress up a bathroom: To replace a plain vinyl shower curtain, attach 16 clip-on drapery rings to one edge of a sheet, then slide it onto a shower-curtain rod. Back it with a waterproof plastic liner.
- Sleep easier: If your mattress dips in the middle, place several folded bedsheets under the center to even out the surface. (The number you need will depend on the depth of the dip.)
- Beat the heat: Tie the corners of a large sheet to close-set trees in your backyard for instant summer shade.
- Keep the car clean: To protect upholstery and carpet from pet hair, mud, and grass, line your vehicle's seats and floor with sheets when you're going hiking or taking your dog to the vet.
- Make a headboard: Wrap a sheet over a piece of plywood, staple in back, and prop up as a headboard for a quick decor update.
- Move furniture: Place a sheet underneath heavy furniture to protect floors and make repositioning easier.
Next: New Uses for a Tie Rack
Most Popular Galleries
“Believe it or not, it's easy to make charitable contributions without spending a dime. By visiting freekibble.com you can help homeless pets just by answering fun trivia questions....”
I have a major thing for blue mason jars. I use them for everything – drinking g...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
A new map of the fungal species lurking on human skin reveals the most diverse ...
Even selfies and feet photos can be inspiring when snapped in an irresistible ou...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
You hunt and search and tour and tour. Then you make a move and live happily eve...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
This Minneapolis couple needed more living room: a space where they could hang ...