New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Bedroom Items
The items that keep your bed comfortable and wardrobe neat do aha! double duty.
New Uses for Bedsheets
- Dress up a bathroom: To replace a plain vinyl shower curtain, attach 16 clip-on drapery rings to one edge of a sheet, then slide it onto a shower-curtain rod. Back it with a waterproof plastic liner.
- Sleep easier: If your mattress dips in the middle, place several folded bedsheets under the center to even out the surface. (The number you need will depend on the depth of the dip.)
- Beat the heat: Tie the corners of a large sheet to close-set trees in your backyard for instant summer shade.
- Keep the car clean: To protect upholstery and carpet from pet hair, mud, and grass, line your vehicle's seats and floor with sheets when you're going hiking or taking your dog to the vet.
- Make a headboard: Wrap a sheet over a piece of plywood, staple in back, and prop up as a headboard for a quick decor update.
- Move furniture: Place a sheet underneath heavy furniture to protect floors and make repositioning easier.
Next: New Uses for a Tie Rack
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Our collection of time-tested favorite cookies will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.