New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Bedroom Items
The items that keep your bed comfortable and wardrobe neat do aha! double duty.
New Uses for Bedsheets
- Dress up a bathroom: To replace a plain vinyl shower curtain, attach 16 clip-on drapery rings to one edge of a sheet, then slide it onto a shower-curtain rod. Back it with a waterproof plastic liner.
- Sleep easier: If your mattress dips in the middle, place several folded bedsheets under the center to even out the surface. (The number you need will depend on the depth of the dip.)
- Beat the heat: Tie the corners of a large sheet to close-set trees in your backyard for instant summer shade.
- Keep the car clean: To protect upholstery and carpet from pet hair, mud, and grass, line your vehicle's seats and floor with sheets when you're going hiking or taking your dog to the vet.
- Make a headboard: Wrap a sheet over a piece of plywood, staple in back, and prop up as a headboard for a quick decor update.
- Move furniture: Place a sheet underneath heavy furniture to protect floors and make repositioning easier.
Next: New Uses for a Tie Rack
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.
Say what you want about The Bachelorette star Andi Dorfman, but she got what she...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Not a natural blonde or brunette? You might want to be more cautious about colo...
Jennifer Serafini is the kind of go-getter we adore. At 27, Jennifer has already...
from POPSUGAR Home
It's all in the bread. Read more: Tomato , Tomato Recipes ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
This week on Houzz, we looked up — to specially treated ceilings and mezzanines...