New Uses for Old Things
Unexpected New Uses for Bedroom Items
The items that keep your bed comfortable and wardrobe neat do aha! double duty.
New Uses for Bedsheets
- Dress up a bathroom: To replace a plain vinyl shower curtain, attach 16 clip-on drapery rings to one edge of a sheet, then slide it onto a shower-curtain rod. Back it with a waterproof plastic liner.
- Sleep easier: If your mattress dips in the middle, place several folded bedsheets under the center to even out the surface. (The number you need will depend on the depth of the dip.)
- Beat the heat: Tie the corners of a large sheet to close-set trees in your backyard for instant summer shade.
- Keep the car clean: To protect upholstery and carpet from pet hair, mud, and grass, line your vehicle's seats and floor with sheets when you're going hiking or taking your dog to the vet.
- Make a headboard: Wrap a sheet over a piece of plywood, staple in back, and prop up as a headboard for a quick decor update.
- Move furniture: Place a sheet underneath heavy furniture to protect floors and make repositioning easier.
Next: New Uses for a Tie Rack
Most Popular Galleries
“Did you go a little overboard with the self-tanner? Or maybe you’re scared to try it because you think you’ll end up looking like an Oompa Loompa like the illustration above? Either way, have no...”
[sponsored post] When I first moved in with my fiance, chores were a pretty frau...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
The homeless man whose face was nearly chewed off by another man in a gruesome ...
Kelly Lanza of Studio DIY shares an easy tutorial on how to create your own flor...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
We all know what April showers bring, so end the month with a healthy stock of v...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
M ad Men fans might have noticed that in the last season or two, the televisio...