7 New Uses for an Old CD or Jewel Case
Clever ways to repurpose everyday items.
1. Candle HolderPlace a CD under a pillar candle to keep wax from dripping on the table. Bonus: The reflective surface picks up the candlelight for extra ambience.
2. Cookbook DividersCover CDs with pretty contact paper, label the outer edges (SLOW COOKER, DESSERTS), and use them to section off cookbooks for quick reference.
3. Ice ScraperToo cold to hunt down the real deal? Use a jewel case to clear the frost from your windshield.
4. InvitationJot party details on the shiny side of a CD and mail it out in a cushioned envelope. (Expect to pay about a dollar in postage.)
5. FramePop a photo in an open jewel case for an instant desk display.
6. Reader Tip: CoasterStick felt to either side of a CD. For an instant conversation-starter (“Wang Chung? Really?”), leave them label-side up.
7. Reader Tip: Craft AidLine the inside of a case with double-sided tape, then use it to keep wayward beads in place.