How to Speed-Clean Your Kitchen
The best time-saving tips, techniques, and to-do lists for polishing off the kitchen.
Kitchen Cleaning To-Do ListWhen cleaning the kitchen always start with the sink. "Keep it empty and shining," says Marla Cilley, author of Sink Reflections (Bantam, $15, amazon.com) and creator of FlyLady.net, a housekeeping website.
A sparkling sink becomes your kitchen's benchmark for hygiene and tidiness, inspiring you to load the dishwasher immediately and keep counters, refrigerator doors, and the stove top spick-and-span, too.
- Wipe down the sink after doing the dishes or loading the dishwasher (30 seconds).
- Wipe down the stove top (one minute).
- Wipe down the counters (one minute).
- Sweep, Swiffer, or vacuum the floor (two minutes).
- Mop the floor (five minutes).
- Wipe the cabinets, backsplashes, and appliances (10 minutes).
- Wash the dish rack (four minutes).
- Wipe the switch plates and phone (one minute).
- Wipe the inside of the garbage can (one minute).
- Empty and scrub down the inside of the refrigerator (30 minutes).
- Empty and clean the insides of the utensil drawers (15 minutes).
- Scrub down the cupboard exteriors (30 minutes).
- Clean the stove-hood filter (10 minutes).
- Perform "Shiny Sink 101"
Next: Beat the Clock
Most Popular Galleries
“Did you go a little overboard with the self-tanner? Or maybe you’re scared to try it because you think you’ll end up looking like an Oompa Loompa like the illustration above? Either way, have no...”
For years and years my husband and I lived in an apartment that was fairly avera...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
There are many things you can do to combat stress before you run out to get a p...
If you're like us, then you're probably counting down the days until M...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
New to the Chicagoland real estate market is an opulent Colonial rivaling that o...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
Mirror was used everywhere in the house in the 1980s. Today it's making a stron...