How to Speed-Clean Your Kitchen
The best time-saving tips, techniques, and to-do lists for polishing off the kitchen.
Kitchen Cleaning To-Do ListWhen cleaning the kitchen always start with the sink. "Keep it empty and shining," says Marla Cilley, author of Sink Reflections (Bantam, $15, amazon.com) and creator of FlyLady.net, a housekeeping website.
A sparkling sink becomes your kitchen's benchmark for hygiene and tidiness, inspiring you to load the dishwasher immediately and keep counters, refrigerator doors, and the stove top spick-and-span, too.
- Wipe down the sink after doing the dishes or loading the dishwasher (30 seconds).
- Wipe down the stove top (one minute).
- Wipe down the counters (one minute).
- Sweep, Swiffer, or vacuum the floor (two minutes).
- Mop the floor (five minutes).
- Wipe the cabinets, backsplashes, and appliances (10 minutes).
- Wash the dish rack (four minutes).
- Wipe the switch plates and phone (one minute).
- Wipe the inside of the garbage can (one minute).
- Empty and scrub down the inside of the refrigerator (30 minutes).
- Empty and clean the insides of the utensil drawers (15 minutes).
- Scrub down the cupboard exteriors (30 minutes).
- Clean the stove-hood filter (10 minutes).
- Perform "Shiny Sink 101"
Next: Beat the Clock
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Date night can take on lots of forms: extreme, creative, outdoor and offbeatR...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Doctors in India are baffled over an 8-year-old boy whose hands have ballooned ...
Known for their wonderfully wacky design sensibility and large family (seven kid...
from POPSUGAR Home
CHICAGO (AP) -- Hostess Brands plans to close the suburban Chicago bakery where ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
While commonly seen in the Pacific Northwest, western sword fern ( Polystichum...