How to Speed-Clean Your Kitchen
The best time-saving tips, techniques, and to-do lists for polishing off the kitchen.
Kitchen Cleaning To-Do ListWhen cleaning the kitchen always start with the sink. "Keep it empty and shining," says Marla Cilley, author of Sink Reflections (Bantam, $15, amazon.com) and creator of FlyLady.net, a housekeeping website.
A sparkling sink becomes your kitchen's benchmark for hygiene and tidiness, inspiring you to load the dishwasher immediately and keep counters, refrigerator doors, and the stove top spick-and-span, too.
- Wipe down the sink after doing the dishes or loading the dishwasher (30 seconds).
- Wipe down the stove top (one minute).
- Wipe down the counters (one minute).
- Sweep, Swiffer, or vacuum the floor (two minutes).
- Mop the floor (five minutes).
- Wipe the cabinets, backsplashes, and appliances (10 minutes).
- Wash the dish rack (four minutes).
- Wipe the switch plates and phone (one minute).
- Wipe the inside of the garbage can (one minute).
- Empty and scrub down the inside of the refrigerator (30 minutes).
- Empty and clean the insides of the utensil drawers (15 minutes).
- Scrub down the cupboard exteriors (30 minutes).
- Clean the stove-hood filter (10 minutes).
- Perform "Shiny Sink 101"
Next: Beat the Clock
Most Popular Galleries
“Believe it or not, it's easy to make charitable contributions without spending a dime. By visiting freekibble.com you can help homeless pets just by answering fun trivia questions....”
[sponsored post] When I first moved in with my fiance, chores were a pretty frau...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
With the recent release of the fifth edition of the American Psychiatric Associ...
It's not always easy to commit to color, but with these bright orange accen...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
There are a lot of things a bride could keep to remember her wedding day: a dres...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
Since fashion and home decor have long been kindred spirits , it's no surprise...