How to Speed-Clean Your Kitchen
The best time-saving tips, techniques, and to-do lists for polishing off the kitchen.
Kitchen Cleaning To-Do ListWhen cleaning the kitchen always start with the sink. "Keep it empty and shining," says Marla Cilley, author of Sink Reflections (Bantam, $15, amazon.com) and creator of FlyLady.net, a housekeeping website.
A sparkling sink becomes your kitchen's benchmark for hygiene and tidiness, inspiring you to load the dishwasher immediately and keep counters, refrigerator doors, and the stove top spick-and-span, too.
- Wipe down the sink after doing the dishes or loading the dishwasher (30 seconds).
- Wipe down the stove top (one minute).
- Wipe down the counters (one minute).
- Sweep, Swiffer, or vacuum the floor (two minutes).
- Mop the floor (five minutes).
- Wipe the cabinets, backsplashes, and appliances (10 minutes).
- Wash the dish rack (four minutes).
- Wipe the switch plates and phone (one minute).
- Wipe the inside of the garbage can (one minute).
- Empty and scrub down the inside of the refrigerator (30 minutes).
- Empty and clean the insides of the utensil drawers (15 minutes).
- Scrub down the cupboard exteriors (30 minutes).
- Clean the stove-hood filter (10 minutes).
- Perform "Shiny Sink 101"
Next: Beat the Clock
“Product buildup can cause highlights to lose their shine. To prevent that sad result from happening to you, follow the advice of Kyle White, the lead stylist at the Oscar Blandi salon, in New York...”
Far from boring, this go-to neutral can take any room to new stylish heights.
[sponsored post] The house my fiance and I bought together last year isn’t...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
Susan G. Komen for the Cure has a new CEO. ...
If you're looking to spice up a bland bedroom, take cues from designer Gran...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Who needs a run-of-the-mill clay pot when you have a customized animal-inspired ...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
There's no need to limit your sink to what's on store shelves. Repurposing any ...