How to Speed-Clean Your Kitchen
The best time-saving tips, techniques, and to-do lists for polishing off the kitchen.
Kitchen Cleaning To-Do ListWhen cleaning the kitchen always start with the sink. "Keep it empty and shining," says Marla Cilley, author of Sink Reflections (Bantam, $15, amazon.com) and creator of FlyLady.net, a housekeeping website.
A sparkling sink becomes your kitchen's benchmark for hygiene and tidiness, inspiring you to load the dishwasher immediately and keep counters, refrigerator doors, and the stove top spick-and-span, too.
- Wipe down the sink after doing the dishes or loading the dishwasher (30 seconds).
- Wipe down the stove top (one minute).
- Wipe down the counters (one minute).
- Sweep, Swiffer, or vacuum the floor (two minutes).
- Mop the floor (five minutes).
- Wipe the cabinets, backsplashes, and appliances (10 minutes).
- Wash the dish rack (four minutes).
- Wipe the switch plates and phone (one minute).
- Wipe the inside of the garbage can (one minute).
- Empty and scrub down the inside of the refrigerator (30 minutes).
- Empty and clean the insides of the utensil drawers (15 minutes).
- Scrub down the cupboard exteriors (30 minutes).
- Clean the stove-hood filter (10 minutes).
- Perform "Shiny Sink 101"
Next: Beat the Clock
“With all of the stress and pressures of modern life, anxiety can feel like your constant companion—but that doesn’t have to be the case. Turns out, you already possess everything you need to clear...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
The events in Gone Girl aren’t exactly how you’d want your fifth wed...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
When illness or injury strikes, the road to recovery is often paved with medica...
Does festival season have you feeling left out? Breathe, stay off Instagram, and...
from POPSUGAR Home
This year, Easter lands on 4/20 -- the international day for celebrating all thi...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
About 10 years ago, Dee Williams was living in a 1,500-square-foot, three-bed...