Unexpected New Uses for Laundry Room Items
- Hold your hoses: Use a wire cutter to snip a hanger into a few six-inch lengths. Bend each one into an arch, then use them as "staples" for keeping a soaker hose in place in flower beds.
- Reach new heights: Untwist a hanger and use it to adjust out-of-reach air-conditioner vents. Also good for retrieving objects that have slipped between the stove or the refrigerator and cabinets.
- Make a utility strainer: Pull the hanger into a roughly round shape, cover it with a panty-hose leg, and use it to strain anything you wouldn't want to put through your kitchen colander.
- Bend one into a giant bubble wand for kids (of all ages): Use one part dish detergent and one part water to make your own bubble solution.
- Remove static cling: To prevent sticky situations, run the long side of a wire hanger over a skirt, or between your skirt and panty hose or slip.