New Uses for Uncooked Spaghetti
- Keep cakes intact: Push a piece of spaghetti into the top of a cake to keep plastic wrap or a soft box lid from smudging the frosting.
- Mark your page in a cookbook: Use a single slender stick to hold your place.
- Spear hors d'oeuvres on party platters: Hot foods might soften the noodles, so this works best for cold fare, like cherry tomatoes and chunks of mozzarella and basil.
- Light candles: When you don't have long matches but you do have plenty of candles, use a piece of spaghetti to fire them all up in one go. Also handy for lighting a candle in a deep holder.
- Test baked goods to see if they're done: Poke a piece of spaghetti into the center; if it comes out clean, your treat is ready to eat.