New Uses for Dental Floss
- Unstick a photograph: Slide a length of dental floss under the corner of a photo that's stuck to an album page or another snapshot. Work the floss between the two surfaces to separate them without damaging the picture.
- Save a necklace: Rescue a busted strand by threading the beads onto dental floss for a quick, sturdy fix.
- Hang a painting: To hang lightweight artwork that's not in a heavy frame with glass, use dental floss in place of picture wire.
- String a popcorn garland during the holidays: Just thread the floss through a needle as you would ordinary sewing thread.
- Tie your hair back: If you don't have an elastic, use it to hold your hair before you wash your face.
- Cut a cheesecake: Use unwaxed, unflavored floss to slice any soft cheeses, layer cakes, or homemade cinnamon buns from a roll.