Easy Paint Makeovers
What You'll Need
- One one-ounce tube SoSoft Fabric Acrylics (shown in Tangelo Orange; $1.70, decoart.com for store locations).
- One one-inch-wide roll Scotch Safe-Release Painter’s Masking Tape for Very Delicate Surfaces (about $8 at hardware stores).
- Stencils (various prices and packages, at craft stores).
- Soft-bristle brushes (various prices and sizes, at hardware stores).
- Small paint tray (about $1 at craft stores).
How to Do ItStep 1: Whether it’s new or not, machine wash the pillow or its removable cover as the care label requires. Iron the fabric when dry.
Step 2: Carefully position the stencil over the cooled fabric and tape it into place with painter’s tape. If you’re working with a removable cover, place a piece of cardboard inside to keep the front from sticking to the back when it is painted.
Step 3: Squeeze a small amount of fabric paint from the tube onto a paint tray. Use a soft-bristle brush to gently apply a coat to the fabric, using up-and-down strokes (avoid side-to-side painting, which can result in paint sneaking under the stencil). Allow the paint to dry for 24 hours, then remove the stencil.
Most Popular Galleries
“A quick reminder: If you live in an area that observes Daylight Saving time, it begins Sunday, March 9, at 2:00 a.m. Be sure to turn your clock forward one hour—and start enjoying that extra...”
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Technology and medicine are working together in a smart new way - by putting sp...
The allure of living in a sprawling prefab nestled on a scenic plot of land is u...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
When architect Jeff Sherman found this row house in the Prospect Heights neighb...