Easy Paint Makeovers
What You'll Need
- One one-ounce tube SoSoft Fabric Acrylics (shown in Tangelo Orange; $1.70, decoart.com for store locations).
- One one-inch-wide roll Scotch Safe-Release Painter’s Masking Tape for Very Delicate Surfaces (about $8 at hardware stores).
- Stencils (various prices and packages, at craft stores).
- Soft-bristle brushes (various prices and sizes, at hardware stores).
- Small paint tray (about $1 at craft stores).
How to Do ItStep 1: Whether it’s new or not, machine wash the pillow or its removable cover as the care label requires. Iron the fabric when dry.
Step 2: Carefully position the stencil over the cooled fabric and tape it into place with painter’s tape. If you’re working with a removable cover, place a piece of cardboard inside to keep the front from sticking to the back when it is painted.
Step 3: Squeeze a small amount of fabric paint from the tube onto a paint tray. Use a soft-bristle brush to gently apply a coat to the fabric, using up-and-down strokes (avoid side-to-side painting, which can result in paint sneaking under the stencil). Allow the paint to dry for 24 hours, then remove the stencil.
Most Popular Galleries
“Follow this general rule of thumb to ensure you have enough wine to serve (without overbuying) at your next event....”
Want to know what recipes, rooms and other products I’m currently crushing on? C...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Today, I read about a little boy in New York who asked Santa Claus to give him ...
The ultimate guide to curtains and window treatments - Real Simple This 1960s t...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
As a professional home stylist, Im always on the lookout for interesting and un...