Easy Paint Makeovers
What You'll Need
- One one-ounce tube SoSoft Fabric Acrylics (shown in Tangelo Orange; $1.70, decoart.com for store locations).
- One one-inch-wide roll Scotch Safe-Release Painter’s Masking Tape for Very Delicate Surfaces (about $8 at hardware stores).
- Stencils (various prices and packages, at craft stores).
- Soft-bristle brushes (various prices and sizes, at hardware stores).
- Small paint tray (about $1 at craft stores).
How to Do ItStep 1: Whether it’s new or not, machine wash the pillow or its removable cover as the care label requires. Iron the fabric when dry.
Step 2: Carefully position the stencil over the cooled fabric and tape it into place with painter’s tape. If you’re working with a removable cover, place a piece of cardboard inside to keep the front from sticking to the back when it is painted.
Step 3: Squeeze a small amount of fabric paint from the tube onto a paint tray. Use a soft-bristle brush to gently apply a coat to the fabric, using up-and-down strokes (avoid side-to-side painting, which can result in paint sneaking under the stencil). Allow the paint to dry for 24 hours, then remove the stencil.
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Excel spreadsheets are usually used to track the most banal of things: budgets t...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
The question: I have no plans of peeing on myself anytime soon. But—just ...
With the right combination of style and function, getting your dream closet is p...
from POPSUGAR Home
Excuse us? Read more: Video , Burger , Fast Food Chains , In...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Following the success of a project making sustainable garden furniture using a...