Incorporate Visual Flair With Decorative Screens
Bring color and pattern into a space with a screen that doubles as a piece of art. Tuck one in a corner or flush against a wall to add a bit of style without detracting from the furnishings.
How to Get This Look
- To soften the angles of a corner, choose a screen inset with a curved design. This model’s ornamentation accentuates the graceful lines of the armchair.
- Look for dividers that serve dual purposes. This one is backed with mirrors that bounce light around the space.
- To buy: Anna screen, $3,750, mecoxgardens.com.
- Hanging Armstrong’s Definitions dividers from the ceiling ($550, armstrong.com). They feature striking design elements, such as leaves, fused between two pieces of resin.
- Putting a screen behind a sofa that sits at a diagonal in a corner of a room eradicates the “triangular gap between the sofa and the wall,” says Jeffrey Bilhuber, a New York City designer. And you can stash such items as extra blankets behind it.