Transform a Room With Decorative Screens
Incorporate Visual Flair With Decorative Screens
Bring color and pattern into a space with a screen that doubles as a piece of art. Tuck one in a corner or flush against a
wall to add a bit of style without detracting from the furnishings.
How to Get This Look
- To soften the angles of a corner, choose a screen inset with a curved design. This model’s ornamentation accentuates the graceful lines of the armchair.
- Look for dividers that serve dual purposes. This one is backed with mirrors that bounce light around the space.
- To buy: Anna screen, $3,750, mecoxgardens.com.
- Hanging Armstrong’s Definitions dividers from the ceiling ($550, armstrong.com). They feature striking design elements, such as leaves, fused between two pieces of resin.
- Putting a screen behind a sofa that sits at a diagonal in a corner of a room eradicates the “triangular gap between the sofa
and the wall,” says Jeffrey Bilhuber, a New York City designer. And you can stash such items as extra blankets behind it.
Most Popular Galleries
“Despite definitely knowing better, you popped a pimple and it erupted. Rather than lecturing you on how bad it is to pick at your skin—because it is a bad idea—here’s how to cover it up: A...”
All Ellen DeGeneres fans (so that’s everyone, right?) need to get excited,...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
An international team of scientists has deciphered the genetic code of the tset...
Find out which Orange Is the New Black character you're most like - Entert...
from POPSUGAR Home
Beginning this week, you'll see three new flavors of Doritos on store shelv...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Back in the 1930s, this lakeside community in the Santa Monica Mountains of Cal...