Transform a Room With Decorative Screens
Incorporate Visual Flair With Decorative Screens
Bring color and pattern into a space with a screen that doubles as a piece of art. Tuck one in a corner or flush against a
wall to add a bit of style without detracting from the furnishings.
How to Get This Look
- To soften the angles of a corner, choose a screen inset with a curved design. This model’s ornamentation accentuates the graceful lines of the armchair.
- Look for dividers that serve dual purposes. This one is backed with mirrors that bounce light around the space.
- To buy: Anna screen, $3,750, mecoxgardens.com.
- Hanging Armstrong’s Definitions dividers from the ceiling ($550, armstrong.com). They feature striking design elements, such as leaves, fused between two pieces of resin.
- Putting a screen behind a sofa that sits at a diagonal in a corner of a room eradicates the “triangular gap between the sofa
and the wall,” says Jeffrey Bilhuber, a New York City designer. And you can stash such items as extra blankets behind it.
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Personal trainer extraordinaire and former The Biggest Loser star Jillian Michae...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Many women can’t stomach large and sometimes smelly prenatal vitamins. Bu...
If you love what celebrity designer Windsor Smith did to Gwyneth Paltrow's ...
from POPSUGAR Home
So. Much. Cheese. Read more: How the French Eat , French Life ,...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
California wild grape is known best for its sensational fall colors, but it is...