Transform a Room With Decorative Screens
Incorporate Visual Flair With Decorative Screens
Bring color and pattern into a space with a screen that doubles as a piece of art. Tuck one in a corner or flush against a
wall to add a bit of style without detracting from the furnishings.
How to Get This Look
- To soften the angles of a corner, choose a screen inset with a curved design. This model’s ornamentation accentuates the graceful lines of the armchair.
- Look for dividers that serve dual purposes. This one is backed with mirrors that bounce light around the space.
- To buy: Anna screen, $3,750, mecoxgardens.com.
- Hanging Armstrong’s Definitions dividers from the ceiling ($550, armstrong.com). They feature striking design elements, such as leaves, fused between two pieces of resin.
- Putting a screen behind a sofa that sits at a diagonal in a corner of a room eradicates the “triangular gap between the sofa
and the wall,” says Jeffrey Bilhuber, a New York City designer. And you can stash such items as extra blankets behind it.
“If you arrange the refrigerator properly, you'll not only be able to find everything, but you're also less likely to waste food....”
I have a major thing for blue mason jars. I use them for everything – drinking g...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
B vitamins have long been known to play a key role in metabolism and energy ext...
It seems fitting that Drew Barrymore, the girl next door who's also Hollywo...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Former “L.A. Ink” reality TV star Kat Von D hopes to sell her Gothic...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
Most woodworking projects can be streamlined down to simply making a box. That'...