Transform a Room With Decorative Screens
Make a Space More Useful with Decorative Screens
Screens equipped with everything from chalkboards to canvas pockets help organize a home office, a kitchen, or a playroom
while adding visual interest to a wall.
How to Get This Look
- Set a corkboard-panel divider behind a desk to keep important items close at hand. Dot the screen with photos and artwork so getting down to business is a bit less tedious.
- If possible, place the screen in front of unsightly elements, such as cords and uneven walls.
- Attach a wall clock using Velcro or heavy-duty tape.
- To buy: Corkboard shoji screen, $199, orientalfurniture.com.
- Putting a divider with pockets in a child’s room to hold small toys. Choose a model with curved corners for safety and casters for easy mobility.
- Sprucing up a basic divider and using it as a message center, suggests Angie Hranowsky, a designer in Charleston, South Carolina. Apply foam board to a screen with spray adhesive, then
use a staple gun to attach pretty fabric.
Most Popular Galleries
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.