Transform a Room With Decorative Screens
Add function and flair by putting room dividers to work in unexpected ways.
Split a Room With Decorative Screens
Want to separate the dining room from the living quarters or create a home office in a bedroom? Use screens to divide an area
into two distinct sections while encouraging traffic flow.
How to Get This Look
- Use adjustable models. Here, the screens can move up and down the steel poles, so you can hide what you want, when you want.
- Place two room dividers about three feet apart.
- Rest matching chairs in front of each screen. (In this setup, symmetry rules.) Toss a throw over one so the look isn’t too perfect.
- Using a screen to cordon off a dressing area. “It offers a touch of glamour,” says New York City designer Lisa Pak.
- Using room dividers that allow sunshine to stream in, like ones made of lightweight canvas or paper panels.
Most Popular Galleries
“Whether you found a great deal on a slightly irregular coat, or if you’ve got your eye on a beautiful vintage dress, keep in mind that not all alternations are equal. These tailoring fixes are...”
PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid! Pantone revealed their 2014 color of the year ye...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
If someone you love is trying to lose weight, you want to support his or her ef...
Chronic tailgaters and party throwers will attest to the convenience of a good f...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Rebekah and Timothy Cichero are inspired by objects with character and a story ...