Transform a Room With Decorative Screens
Add function and flair by putting room dividers to work in unexpected ways.
Split a Room With Decorative Screens
Want to separate the dining room from the living quarters or create a home office in a bedroom? Use screens to divide an area
into two distinct sections while encouraging traffic flow.
How to Get This Look
- Use adjustable models. Here, the screens can move up and down the steel poles, so you can hide what you want, when you want.
- Place two room dividers about three feet apart.
- Rest matching chairs in front of each screen. (In this setup, symmetry rules.) Toss a throw over one so the look isn’t too perfect.
- Using a screen to cordon off a dressing area. “It offers a touch of glamour,” says New York City designer Lisa Pak.
- Using room dividers that allow sunshine to stream in, like ones made of lightweight canvas or paper panels.
Most Popular Galleries
“Who cares if it’s still only spring? We’re already thinking about our first summer swim—and we want our readers to be prepared. So when you’re in and out of the pool, use these surprising tips from...”
For years and years my husband and I lived in an apartment that was fairly avera...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
There are many things you can do to combat stress before you run out to get a p...
Touring the International Contemporary Furniture Fair: Magnetic Wall Coverings, Lighting Galore, and More
We're back at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair in New York to ...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Consider a simple bedroom DIY. Without spending a lot of money, you can revamp y...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
From pale, soft buttery yellows to bold, zingy citrus hues, yellow is a happy c...