Transform a Room With Decorative Screens
Add function and flair by putting room dividers to work in unexpected ways.
Split a Room With Decorative Screens
Want to separate the dining room from the living quarters or create a home office in a bedroom? Use screens to divide an area
into two distinct sections while encouraging traffic flow.
How to Get This Look
- Use adjustable models. Here, the screens can move up and down the steel poles, so you can hide what you want, when you want.
- Place two room dividers about three feet apart.
- Rest matching chairs in front of each screen. (In this setup, symmetry rules.) Toss a throw over one so the look isn’t too perfect.
- Using a screen to cordon off a dressing area. “It offers a touch of glamour,” says New York City designer Lisa Pak.
- Using room dividers that allow sunshine to stream in, like ones made of lightweight canvas or paper panels.
Most Popular Galleries
“A quick reminder: If you live in an area that observes Daylight Saving time, it begins Sunday, March 9, at 2:00 a.m. Be sure to turn your clock forward one hour—and start enjoying that extra...”
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Authorities say a Florida woman who was 9 months pregnant and her family became...
Prince William and Kate Middleton don't always vacation alone together, but...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Xeriscape is a landscape philosophy not a design style that can help you crea...