Transform a Room With Decorative Screens
Add function and flair by putting room dividers to work in unexpected ways.
Split a Room With Decorative Screens
Want to separate the dining room from the living quarters or create a home office in a bedroom? Use screens to divide an area
into two distinct sections while encouraging traffic flow.
How to Get This Look
- Use adjustable models. Here, the screens can move up and down the steel poles, so you can hide what you want, when you want.
- Place two room dividers about three feet apart.
- Rest matching chairs in front of each screen. (In this setup, symmetry rules.) Toss a throw over one so the look isn’t too perfect.
- Using a screen to cordon off a dressing area. “It offers a touch of glamour,” says New York City designer Lisa Pak.
- Using room dividers that allow sunshine to stream in, like ones made of lightweight canvas or paper panels.
Most Popular Galleries
“Follow this general rule of thumb to ensure you have enough wine to serve (without overbuying) at your next event....”
Want to know what recipes, rooms and other products I’m currently crushing on? C...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Brugmansia, known among people of South America as the “tree of the evil ...
If we won the lottery today, we'd be on a plane to this home tomorrow. Loca...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
As a professional home stylist, Im always on the lookout for interesting and un...