Transform a Room With Decorative Screens
Add function and flair by putting room dividers to work in unexpected ways.
Want to separate the dining room from the living quarters or create a home office in a bedroom? Use screens to divide an area into two distinct sections while encouraging traffic flow.
How to Get This Look
- Use adjustable models. Here, the screens can move up and down the steel poles, so you can hide what you want, when you want.
- Place two room dividers about three feet apart.
- Rest matching chairs in front of each screen. (In this setup, symmetry rules.) Toss a throw over one so the look isn’t too perfect.
- Using a screen to cordon off a dressing area. “It offers a touch of glamour,” says New York City designer Lisa Pak.
- Using room dividers that allow sunshine to stream in, like ones made of lightweight canvas or paper panels.