pegboards in a laundry room
- Position detergents and other laundry products on a shelf to the side so you won't have to reach over the washer and dryer.
- Keep seldom used but easily misplaced household items, like a flyswatter and a flashlight, on the board, too.
- Clear the path around the machines, reserving floor space for in and out laundry baskets.
- Employ two-inch pegs to hook an ironing board by its feet and support a shelf that holds bottles of cleaning products.
- Clip rubber gloves together and hang them to dry.
- If you want to paint a pegboard, use spray paint rather than a roller. That way, you won't clog the holes.
- Perforated Hardboard (4 by 8 feet), $15.
To buy: lowes.com.
- Asker Containers, $6 each.
To buy: ikea.com for stores.