Living Room Makeover
Instant Upgrade: Bookcase
- Remove the shelves and apply latex wood primer to the exterior and the interior.
- Paint the inside the same color as the walls. Paint the outside white.
- Cut fabric (here, linen) large enough to wrap each shelf, securing it in the back with a staple gun.
- Apply a second coat of paint.
- Measure the front of the case. Cut three fabric panels (here, Ikea's Anno Inez curtain panels) so they overlap and cover the unit.
- Install Ikea's Kvadrant triple-track rail kit ($17, instructions included) to the case's top and the top of the fabric panels.
- Attach Ikea's Kvadrant bottom-rail kit ($6) to the bottom of each panel. Then hang the fabric panels by sliding them into the top of the track.
Most Popular Galleries
“You *know* you ought to take the stairs instead of the elevator and floss every night… and yet, sometimes not doing those good-for-you extra steps is all the more tempting. If you’re a parent and...”
Even though William Shakespeare would have turned 450 years old today, his plays...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Two recent deaths and increased emergency room visits in Colorado have highligh...
Our recipe for instant Spring can be pulled off in just a day - no time-consumin...
from POPSUGAR Home
The sounds of sizzling bacon is enough to lure us out of bed every time. And the...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Passion and personality flourish in architect Scott Weston s renovated Victori...