Living Room Makeover
Instant Upgrade: Bookcase
- Remove the shelves and apply latex wood primer to the exterior and the interior.
- Paint the inside the same color as the walls. Paint the outside white.
- Cut fabric (here, linen) large enough to wrap each shelf, securing it in the back with a staple gun.
- Apply a second coat of paint.
- Measure the front of the case. Cut three fabric panels (here, Ikea's Anno Inez curtain panels) so they overlap and cover the unit.
- Install Ikea's Kvadrant triple-track rail kit ($17, instructions included) to the case's top and the top of the fabric panels.
- Attach Ikea's Kvadrant bottom-rail kit ($6) to the bottom of each panel. Then hang the fabric panels by sliding them into the top of the track.
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.
Say what you want about The Bachelorette star Andi Dorfman, but she got what she...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Not a natural blonde or brunette? You might want to be more cautious about colo...
Jennifer Serafini is the kind of go-getter we adore. At 27, Jennifer has already...
from POPSUGAR Home
It's all in the bread. Read more: Tomato , Tomato Recipes ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
This week on Houzz, we looked up — to specially treated ceilings and mezzanines...