Living Room Makeover
Instant Upgrade: Bookcase
- Remove the shelves and apply latex wood primer to the exterior and the interior.
- Paint the inside the same color as the walls. Paint the outside white.
- Cut fabric (here, linen) large enough to wrap each shelf, securing it in the back with a staple gun.
- Apply a second coat of paint.
- Measure the front of the case. Cut three fabric panels (here, Ikea's Anno Inez curtain panels) so they overlap and cover the unit.
- Install Ikea's Kvadrant triple-track rail kit ($17, instructions included) to the case's top and the top of the fabric panels.
- Attach Ikea's Kvadrant bottom-rail kit ($6) to the bottom of each panel. Then hang the fabric panels by sliding them into the top of the track.
Most Popular Galleries
“Does getting his haircut make your toddler anxious? Instead of getting snippy with him, use these three strategies to keep him calm....”
Far from boring, this go-to neutral can take any room to new stylish heights.
[sponsored post] The house my fiance and I bought together last year isn’t...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
A mysterious new respiratory virus that originated in the Middle East spreads e...
You may have aged out of sleepaway camp but no one would blame you for missing i...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
What, we shouldn't be celebrating every day?...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
While many architects the world over build houses that bring the outside in, in...