Living Room Makeover
Instant Upgrade: Bookcase
- Remove the shelves and apply latex wood primer to the exterior and the interior.
- Paint the inside the same color as the walls. Paint the outside white.
- Cut fabric (here, linen) large enough to wrap each shelf, securing it in the back with a staple gun.
- Apply a second coat of paint.
- Measure the front of the case. Cut three fabric panels (here, Ikea's Anno Inez curtain panels) so they overlap and cover the unit.
- Install Ikea's Kvadrant triple-track rail kit ($17, instructions included) to the case's top and the top of the fabric panels.
- Attach Ikea's Kvadrant bottom-rail kit ($6) to the bottom of each panel. Then hang the fabric panels by sliding them into the top of the track.
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
If you were just thinking about how you’d like more artisanal home goods a...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
An anti-cancer drug made by the U.S. biotech firm Celgene can re-activate hidde...
You may be strapped for cash, but that doesn't mean your home has to be str...
from POPSUGAR Home
So. Much. Cheese. Read more: How the French Eat , French Life ,...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Creative families need creative spaces. For Autumn Sproles; her husband, Chri...