Living Room Makeover
TimelineTo maximize your time, work on several projects simultaneously.
Friday, 6 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.
- Cover window and door frames and trim with painter's tape; put down drop cloths (90 minutes*).
- Paint trim with a brush (45 minutes**).
- Paint walls with a roller (one hour).
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Prime bookcase and coffee table (90 minutes).
- Paint second coat on walls (one hour).
- Paint bookcase (one hour).
2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Paint coffee-table base (45 minutes).
- Paint canvas (30 minutes).
- Check paint job on walls; remove masking tape (35 minutes).
- Draw chalk art (10 minutes).
- Wrap bookshelves and coffee table with fabric (90 minutes).
Sunday, 9 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Install bookshelf's track system and hang panels (90 minutes).
- Measure, cut, and hang fabric panel for TV unit (30 minutes).
1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Mount standards and install wall brackets for shelving (45 minutes).
- Arrange books, vases, and pillows (30 minutes).
- Clean up (45 minutes).
*All times are approximate.
**Walls and trim had been prepped with a latex primer the day before.
Next: You Might Also Like…
“With all of the stress and pressures of modern life, anxiety can feel like your constant companion—but that doesn’t have to be the case. Turns out, you already possess everything you need to clear...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
The events in Gone Girl aren’t exactly how you’d want your fifth wed...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
When illness or injury strikes, the road to recovery is often paved with medica...
Does festival season have you feeling left out? Breathe, stay off Instagram, and...
from POPSUGAR Home
This year, Easter lands on 4/20 -- the international day for celebrating all thi...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
About 10 years ago, Dee Williams was living in a 1,500-square-foot, three-bed...