To maximize your time, work on several projects simultaneously.
Friday, 6 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.
- Cover window and door frames and trim with painter's tape; put down drop cloths (90 minutes*).
- Paint trim with a brush (45 minutes**).
- Paint walls with a roller (one hour).
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Prime bookcase and coffee table (90 minutes).
- Paint second coat on walls (one hour).
- Paint bookcase (one hour).
2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Paint coffee-table base (45 minutes).
- Paint canvas (30 minutes).
- Check paint job on walls; remove masking tape (35 minutes).
- Draw chalk art (10 minutes).
- Wrap bookshelves and coffee table with fabric (90 minutes).
Sunday, 9 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Install bookshelf's track system and hang panels (90 minutes).
- Measure, cut, and hang fabric panel for TV unit (30 minutes).
1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Mount standards and install wall brackets for shelving (45 minutes).
- Arrange books, vases, and pillows (30 minutes).
- Clean up (45 minutes).
*All times are approximate.
**Walls and trim had been prepped with a latex primer the day before.