Kids’ Reading Nook
All you need:
- A beanbag chair (or something just as squishy)
- A sconce
- Tiny works of art
- A low table (or not)
- Favorite books
Tips on putting it together:
- Scale the setup to appeal to the people it’s for. Choose a low seat that’s easy to collapse into, a low-mounted light to illuminate books, and low pieces of art to gaze at while daydreaming.
- A bookshelf could clutter up a tight corner, so use what you’ve got―a windowsill, a table, or even the floor.
- Beanbag chairs can look messy. It helps to keep something (creaturely, perhaps?) in residence when they’re not being used.
- Rich, dark colors are gender-neutral and can be made to look more grown-up as tastes change.