Transform a Corner of Your Home
All you need:
- A bit of sun
- A mix of potted plants
- A skinny desk or console
- A low table
- One or two unexpected elements
Tips on putting it together:
- Corral plants you have around the house and outside. It’s best if the pots are similar in tone and material.
- Vary plant shades, textures, and heights. Here, purple and green plants (oxalis and Begonia ‘Escargot’) add depth. Round, sculptural leaves contrast with delicate ferns. A tall plant in back and one cascading in front make for a pleasing composition.
- To balance the main display, put a plant on the floor (this asparagus fern doesn’t need much light) and one on a table.
- A plant on the wall (here, a watermelon dischidia) draws the eye up and looks exotic, but all it needs is an occasional misting.
- A glass garden cloche, as on the small table, catches light and makes a big deal out of a modest eyelash begonia.