Transform a Corner of Your Home
Kids’ Reading Nook
All you need:
- A beanbag chair (or something just as squishy)
- A sconce
- Tiny works of art
- A low table (or not)
- Favorite books
Tips on putting it together:
- Scale the setup to appeal to the people it’s for. Choose a low seat that’s easy to collapse into, a low-mounted light to illuminate books, and low pieces of art to gaze at while daydreaming.
- A bookshelf could clutter up a tight corner, so use what you’ve got―a windowsill, a table, or even the floor.
- Beanbag chairs can look messy. It helps to keep something (creaturely, perhaps?) in residence when they’re not being used.
- Rich, dark colors are gender-neutral and can be made to look more grown-up as tastes change.
Next: Indoor Garden
“Whether you found a great deal on a slightly irregular coat, or if you’ve got your eye on a beautiful vintage dress, keep in mind that not all alternations are equal. These tailoring fixes are...”
PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid! Pantone revealed their 2014 color of the year ye...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Hypnosis for childbirth has garnered a lot of attention in recent years and eve...
Turning a cramped, high-rise condo into a cat-friendly oasis (on a budget) isn...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Dreaming of revamping your master bath? From dual showers and soaking tubs to s...