Transform a Corner of Your Home
Kids’ Reading Nook
All you need:
- A beanbag chair (or something just as squishy)
- A sconce
- Tiny works of art
- A low table (or not)
- Favorite books
Tips on putting it together:
- Scale the setup to appeal to the people it’s for. Choose a low seat that’s easy to collapse into, a low-mounted light to illuminate books, and low pieces of art to gaze at while daydreaming.
- A bookshelf could clutter up a tight corner, so use what you’ve got―a windowsill, a table, or even the floor.
- Beanbag chairs can look messy. It helps to keep something (creaturely, perhaps?) in residence when they’re not being used.
- Rich, dark colors are gender-neutral and can be made to look more grown-up as tastes change.
Next: Indoor Garden
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Excel spreadsheets are usually used to track the most banal of things: budgets t...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Sidney Rice announced his retirem...
With the right combination of style and function, getting your dream closet is p...
from POPSUGAR Home
Sorry, Goji berries. Read more: Healthy Food , Google , Food ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Following the success of a project making sustainable garden furniture using a...