Transform a Corner of Your Home
Turn an unremarkable spot into a beautiful, inviting haven.
The Bite-Size Makeover
Who says you have to redo a whole room at once? Take on just an unutilized corner using things you probably already have around
All you need:
- A big mirror
- An ottoman
- A wall hook
- Something pretty to look at
- A throw rug
- A little table
Tips on putting it together:
- Think bare feet and bare skin when you’re gathering pieces for this spot. The ottoman and the rug should be soft.
- One wall hook―just enough for your robe or the dress you want to wear the next day―is better than multiples, which could easily cause clutter.
- Works of art and photographs that feel personal are especially nice in an intimate space like this one.
- If you’re near a window, you can scoot the ottoman up to the mirror and do your makeup here, too.
- Layering a small patterned rug over wall-to-wall defines a zone, creating coziness.
Next: Kids’ Reading Nook
Most Popular Galleries
“Who cares if it’s still only spring? We’re already thinking about our first summer swim—and we want our readers to be prepared. So when you’re in and out of the pool, use these surprising tips from...”
For years and years my husband and I lived in an apartment that was fairly avera...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
When you start dating a new woman, everyone becomes a critic: She's great, she'...
It's time for the 2013 POPSUGAR 100 bracket! Over the next few weeks we nee...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Light fixtures can be changed. Colors can be painted over. Ugly floors can be co...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
In 1908 in Haarlem, the Netherlands (yes, New York City's Harlem neighborhood w...