Transform a Corner of Your Home
Turn an unremarkable spot into a beautiful, inviting haven.
The Bite-Size Makeover
Who says you have to redo a whole room at once? Take on just an unutilized corner using things you probably already have around
All you need:
- A big mirror
- An ottoman
- A wall hook
- Something pretty to look at
- A throw rug
- A little table
Tips on putting it together:
- Think bare feet and bare skin when you’re gathering pieces for this spot. The ottoman and the rug should be soft.
- One wall hook―just enough for your robe or the dress you want to wear the next day―is better than multiples, which could easily cause clutter.
- Works of art and photographs that feel personal are especially nice in an intimate space like this one.
- If you’re near a window, you can scoot the ottoman up to the mirror and do your makeup here, too.
- Layering a small patterned rug over wall-to-wall defines a zone, creating coziness.
Next: Kids’ Reading Nook
“Whether you found a great deal on a slightly irregular coat, or if you’ve got your eye on a beautiful vintage dress, keep in mind that not all alternations are equal. These tailoring fixes are...”
PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid! Pantone revealed their 2014 color of the year ye...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Hypnosis for childbirth has garnered a lot of attention in recent years and eve...
Turning a cramped, high-rise condo into a cat-friendly oasis (on a budget) isn...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Ever since we started dating about 15 years ago, my husband and I have always e...