Transform a Corner of Your Home
Turn an unremarkable spot into a beautiful, inviting haven.
The Bite-Size Makeover
Who says you have to redo a whole room at once? Take on just an unutilized corner using things you probably already have around
All you need:
- A big mirror
- An ottoman
- A wall hook
- Something pretty to look at
- A throw rug
- A little table
Tips on putting it together:
- Think bare feet and bare skin when you’re gathering pieces for this spot. The ottoman and the rug should be soft.
- One wall hook―just enough for your robe or the dress you want to wear the next day―is better than multiples, which could easily cause clutter.
- Works of art and photographs that feel personal are especially nice in an intimate space like this one.
- If you’re near a window, you can scoot the ottoman up to the mirror and do your makeup here, too.
- Layering a small patterned rug over wall-to-wall defines a zone, creating coziness.
Next: Kids’ Reading Nook
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Date night can take on lots of forms: extreme, creative, outdoor and offbeatR...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Tens of thousands of volunteers fanned out across Afghanistan this week, bravin...
There are few things that are as satisfying as pulling off a successful DIY proj...
from POPSUGAR Home
How can we help but be anything other than skeptical? Read more: ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Landscape architect Scott Lewis repeats the sentiments of many architects and d...