Transform a Corner of Your Home
Turn an unremarkable spot into a beautiful, inviting haven.
The Bite-Size Makeover
Who says you have to redo a whole room at once? Take on just an unutilized corner using things you probably already have around
All you need:
- A big mirror
- An ottoman
- A wall hook
- Something pretty to look at
- A throw rug
- A little table
Tips on putting it together:
- Think bare feet and bare skin when you’re gathering pieces for this spot. The ottoman and the rug should be soft.
- One wall hook―just enough for your robe or the dress you want to wear the next day―is better than multiples, which could easily cause clutter.
- Works of art and photographs that feel personal are especially nice in an intimate space like this one.
- If you’re near a window, you can scoot the ottoman up to the mirror and do your makeup here, too.
- Layering a small patterned rug over wall-to-wall defines a zone, creating coziness.
Next: Kids’ Reading Nook
Most Popular Galleries
“Did you know you can recycle those ripped pantyhose? No? What about printer cartridges? Seventy percent of used ink cartridges are thrown into landfills, where it will take approximately 450 years...”
Most Friends fans love Monica Geller’s ’90s-chic apartment, but hate...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Children with simple cases of appendicitis may be safely treated with antibioti...
If you harbor an obsession with centuries-old homes, you might already be hooked...
from POPSUGAR Home
From the stroller pusher to the person who touches everything. Re...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
It takes a combination of many design elements to make a room beautiful and wel...