Insiders’ Guide to Home Décor Websites
- beehivestyle.com: This marketplace sells wares from 150 or so artisans around the country―including midcentury modern-style nightlights ($25)
and stoneware vases ($34). Each product includes a “Designer Profile” so you can get to know the person behind the work of
- etsy.com: This site is getting a lot of play, and for good reason. With more than 100,000 vendors and growing, it’s the go-to place
for all things handmade. Sellers have their own “storefronts,” where they peddle their creations, like rainbow-colored crocheted
rugs ($35) and paper-clip pendant lights ($275), which are cooler than they sound.
- formerfurniture.com: Founded by interior designer Lindsey Dann Miller, this online shop sells everything from new showroom models to vintage
goods. “It’s perfect for listing my clients’ old furniture and finding new pieces for them,” says Brown. You never know what
you’ll see. How about a vintage Lucite-and-chrome chair ($225) or a wood-and-velvet dog bed ($800) originally designed for
Dr. Phil’s pooch?
- overstock.com: This soup-to-nuts site, which recently featured a Drexel Heritage desk for $600 (down from $1,129), has “inventory that’s
constantly changing,” says Schuneman. “And with $2.95 flat-rate shipping, it makes shopping locally almost unnecessary.”
- shopgoodwill.com: Stocked with stuff donated from participating Goodwill stores, this auction site features surprisingly sophisticated wares―things like hand-painted compote dishes for $5, brass-plated scalloped bowls for $4, and oak dining tables for $33. Not in the mood for a bidding war? The Buy Now section lists products for immediate purchase.
Next: Home Professionals
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Excel spreadsheets are usually used to track the most banal of things: budgets t...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Itching and pain on suspicious skin lesions may indicate that the area is cance...
Rumor had it that President Barack Obama and his family were about to drop $4.25...
from POPSUGAR Home
In France, this cut from the short loin section of the animal is known as “bavet...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
If you are new to gardening with native plants and are looking for a good intro...