Insiders’ Guide to Home Décor Websites
- beehivestyle.com: This marketplace sells wares from 150 or so artisans around the country―including midcentury modern-style nightlights ($25)
and stoneware vases ($34). Each product includes a “Designer Profile” so you can get to know the person behind the work of
- etsy.com: This site is getting a lot of play, and for good reason. With more than 100,000 vendors and growing, it’s the go-to place
for all things handmade. Sellers have their own “storefronts,” where they peddle their creations, like rainbow-colored crocheted
rugs ($35) and paper-clip pendant lights ($275), which are cooler than they sound.
- formerfurniture.com: Founded by interior designer Lindsey Dann Miller, this online shop sells everything from new showroom models to vintage
goods. “It’s perfect for listing my clients’ old furniture and finding new pieces for them,” says Brown. You never know what
you’ll see. How about a vintage Lucite-and-chrome chair ($225) or a wood-and-velvet dog bed ($800) originally designed for
Dr. Phil’s pooch?
- overstock.com: This soup-to-nuts site, which recently featured a Drexel Heritage desk for $600 (down from $1,129), has “inventory that’s
constantly changing,” says Schuneman. “And with $2.95 flat-rate shipping, it makes shopping locally almost unnecessary.”
- shopgoodwill.com: Stocked with stuff donated from participating Goodwill stores, this auction site features surprisingly sophisticated wares―things like hand-painted compote dishes for $5, brass-plated scalloped bowls for $4, and oak dining tables for $33. Not in the mood for a bidding war? The Buy Now section lists products for immediate purchase.
Next: Home Professionals
Most Popular Galleries
“Who cares if it’s still only spring? We’re already thinking about our first summer swim—and we want our readers to be prepared. So when you’re in and out of the pool, use these surprising tips from...”
For years and years my husband and I lived in an apartment that was fairly avera...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
Marine Corps officials have repeatedly said that federal environmental regulati...
If you're ever in Los Angeles, make it a point to visit La Brea Avenue'...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Feel free to repin....
from Home on Huffingtonpost
A love of restoring junk to its former glory led a professional Porsche driver ...