Quick Cleaning Solutions for Every Room
Easy Steps for Cleaning the Bathroom
Haven of mildew and mold, this is probably your least favorite room to clean. It takes a little effort to scrub the toilet
and clean the grout, but the flushable wipe makes sanitizing a snap.
If You Have 15 Minutes
- Start with the sink. With flushable wipe in hand, clean the sink (the room’s focal point) and its fixtures, concentrating on the grime-friendly
seams where the two meet.
- Speed-sanitize. Grab another towelette to clean the edge of the bathtub, the toilet seat, and the toilet exterior. Finish up by shining the
mirror with glass cleaner and a cloth.
If You Have 30 Minutes, Add the Following
- Squirt bowl cleaner around the inside edge. Let it sit for a few minutes, says Sarah Smock of the Memphis-based cleaning service Merry Maids. While it’s soaking, use
a wipe or a fresh cloth and all-purpose cleaner to clean the seat around its base and hinges. Return to the bowl and give
stubborn rings a scrubbing with a sponge or a brush.
- Deep-clean the toilet, part 2. If your bowl is porcelain, try rubbing a natural pumice stone (available at most hardware stores) on lime, rust, and hard-water stains. Keep the stone very moist throughout
the process and it shouldn’t scratch.
If You Have an Hour, Add the Following
- Damp-mop the floor. Use a wet mop with a pivoting head to get into awkward corners between the sink, the toilet, and the tub.
If You Have Half a Day, Add the Following
- Scrub down the shower and the tub. Spray the shower walls and the tub with all-purpose cleaner. Scrub from the top down so the tub floor gets the full benefit
of a soaking to dissolve buildup.
- Remove mildew, mold, and other stubborn bits. For lime scale–laden shower doors (they look white and murky), speed-cleaning expert Laura Dellutri recommends a wiping down with lemon oil. To dislodge mildew and mold, apply hydrogen peroxide straight from the bottle (wear rubber gloves to protect your hands). Let it soak in for five minutes, then scrub with a grout brush.
Most Popular Galleries
“You've made your list and checked it twice, now you need to find a place to hide the presents! According to The National Retail Foundation, shoppers started buying gifts earlier than ever this year....”
PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid! Pantone revealed their 2014 color of the year ye...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Hong Kong has confirmed its second case of the deadly H7N9 bird flu, days after...
We know, we know... the novelty of chalkboard paint as a cool DIY material is pr...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
I must confess, I was not a huge fan of Pantones 2013 Color of the Year, Emera...