The Best Route to a Cleaner Kitchen
Want to know exactly which tasks to tackle, and in what order? Four industry pros plot the steps that will speed your routine and guarantee a thorough clean.
6. Back to the microwave. Your two minutes are up. Wipe the solution from the inside using a dry cloth. It’s OK if crumbs fall to the stove or the
7. Spray the stovetop with all-purpose cleaner and let sit for a few minutes. For stubborn stains, add a powdered scrub that won’t scratch. We like Bar Keepers Friend ($5, amazon.com).
8. Load the dishwasher with the items soaking in the sink, or hand wash them. Don’t drain the sink just yet.
9. Wipe the stovetop with a clean, dry cloth and, again, just let crumbs fall to the floor. It’s more efficient to get them at the end. When you’re finished, swap out the cloth to keep grease from transferring to another surface.
10. Clean the coffeemaker, toaster, stand mixer, and other small appliances from top to bottom, using glass cleaner or a multisurface formula (spray the cloth rather than the appliance) or a cleaning wipe. Dip drip trays or crumb catchers in the sink’s leftover warm, soapy water, then rinse and dry.
11. Scrub the countertops with small, circular motions, using a cleaner formulated for your surface.