How to Fake a Clean House
The Kids' Room
- Stash scattered puzzle pieces in a drawer; stack the boards on a shelf.
- Stow pajamas under the pillow. This way, they’re off the floor and ready for later.
- Put blocks in a handled shopping bag and hang it on a hanger or a doorknob inside the closet.
- Put homeless stuffed animals in extra pillowcases. Or prop them up behind shams.
- If your kids have a play tent, hide toys and clothes inside it.
- Pile books neatly on the floor, largest to smallest, next to a chair or a desk.
- Spritz a deodorizer spray around the diaper pail to eliminate odors.
Next: The Laundry Room
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Our collection of time-tested favorite cookies will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.