How to Fake a Clean House
When you’re short on time, here's how to give your living spaces the illusion of cleanliness.
The Living Room
- Reserve one side of sofa cushions to be shown to guests. Before company arrives, flip over the cushions to reveal good-as-new fabric. When guests are gone, flip them back.
- Rid the sofa of pet hair by wetting the fingertips of rubber gloves and gliding your hand over the sofa. The hair will stick to the rubber.
- Stack books, catalogs, and magazines in neat piles on the floor or arrange them in a deep decorative basket.
- To disguise windows in need of washing, pull curtain panels closed.
- Fold a clean blanket neatly and drape it over a stained sofa. Strategically placed throw pillows can also camouflage soiled
Next: The Kitchen
“These days, plenty of engaged couples already have bedding, kitchen appliances, and other items you'd need to furnish a home and begin a life together. So, what's an engaged couple to do if they'd...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
If you want your obsession for ombre manicures, mustache mugs and chevron pillow...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
They grunt, claw, and feel their body is covered with hair and their nails are e...
When you think of what you know about celebrities - their style, their personali...
from POPSUGAR Home
This week's worst-dressed list was filled with moments we'd like to fo...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
The countdown is on to Easter, and its time to lay down a strategy for the annu...