How to Fake a Clean House
When you’re short on time, here's how to give your living spaces the illusion of cleanliness.
The Living Room
- Reserve one side of sofa cushions to be shown to guests. Before company arrives, flip over the cushions to reveal good-as-new fabric. When guests are gone, flip them back.
- Rid the sofa of pet hair by wetting the fingertips of rubber gloves and gliding your hand over the sofa. The hair will stick to the rubber.
- Stack books, catalogs, and magazines in neat piles on the floor or arrange them in a deep decorative basket.
- To disguise windows in need of washing, pull curtain panels closed.
- Fold a clean blanket neatly and drape it over a stained sofa. Strategically placed throw pillows can also camouflage soiled
Next: The Kitchen
Most Popular Galleries
“The coffee seems to be dripping in slow motion, the dog's walking around in circles without actually doing his business, the train can't come soon enough, and the elevator is taking forever! If this...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
Kate Middleton‘s immaculate outfits have been the highlight of her New Zea...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
In an attempt to help quell measles outbreaks, researchers have created a...
Why orange and blue are the only colors you need this Spring - Beauty How to ki...
from POPSUGAR Home
You'll be face palming in no time. Read more: Cut Tomato , ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Interior designer Alice Black enjoyed working on this house so much, she woul...