How to Fake a Clean House
When you’re short on time, here's how to give your living spaces the illusion of cleanliness.
The Living Room
- Reserve one side of sofa cushions to be shown to guests. Before company arrives, flip over the cushions to reveal good-as-new fabric. When guests are gone, flip them back.
- Rid the sofa of pet hair by wetting the fingertips of rubber gloves and gliding your hand over the sofa. The hair will stick to the rubber.
- Stack books, catalogs, and magazines in neat piles on the floor or arrange them in a deep decorative basket.
- To disguise windows in need of washing, pull curtain panels closed.
- Fold a clean blanket neatly and drape it over a stained sofa. Strategically placed throw pillows can also camouflage soiled
Next: The Kitchen
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever had nasty words spread about you at work? And were those words published as front-page news in Politico, with your colleagues describing you as “a source of widespread frustration and anxiety,”...”
Personal trainer extraordinaire and former The Biggest Loser star Jillian Michae...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
“Hey doc, can I go on a vacation before the baby is born?” ...
Live large on practically any budget - Home Everything we know about Blake Livel...
from POPSUGAR Home
Finally! The easiest way to cool down a drink. Read more: Life ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
He was a 16-year-old living in a rural Mississippi ranch house, but when Scot M...