Arrange Your Kitchen by Activity
Create an efficient workspace with these strategies and tips.
Store SmartlyWhen you have egg whites forming stiff peaks, an oven at 400 degrees, and butter melting on the stove, a hunt for kitchen supplies can have catastrophic consequences. The most efficient organizing principle is to group things by activity and keep them stationed around the starring appliance.
- Anything that doesn't fall under the main kitchen-activity categories―baking, cooking, serving, and storing―doesn't need to be taking up valuable space. Larger serving dishes and roasting pans should go on low or high shelves in the kitchen or pantry.
- If you're really strapped for space, store seldom-used and seasonal items, such as birthday-cake molds and cookie cutters, away from the kitchen entirely. Be sure to label the boxes or storage containers so you know what's stored where.
- As for never-used fondue sets, chafing dishes, bread and ice-cream makers, snow-cone machines, and creme brulee torches, share the wealth at your next tag sale.
Activity: BakingArea: Near the mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Baking sheets, cake pans, pie plates
- Measuring spoons and cups, spatula
- Flours, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, shortening, cocoa, extracts, food coloring
- Chocolate chips, sprinkles
Next: Activity: Cooking
Most Popular Galleries
“Did you know you can recycle those ripped pantyhose? No? What about printer cartridges? Seventy percent of used ink cartridges are thrown into landfills, where it will take approximately 450 years...”
Most Friends fans love Monica Geller’s ’90s-chic apartment, but hate...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Children with simple cases of appendicitis may be safely treated with antibioti...
We've got good news and bad news. First, the bad: not everyone can have a c...
from POPSUGAR Home
These little seeds have got a lot to offer. Read more: Healthy R...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
It takes a combination of many design elements to make a room beautiful and wel...