Arrange Your Kitchen by Activity
Create an efficient workspace with these strategies and tips.
Store SmartlyWhen you have egg whites forming stiff peaks, an oven at 400 degrees, and butter melting on the stove, a hunt for kitchen supplies can have catastrophic consequences. The most efficient organizing principle is to group things by activity and keep them stationed around the starring appliance.
- Anything that doesn't fall under the main kitchen-activity categories―baking, cooking, serving, and storing―doesn't need to be taking up valuable space. Larger serving dishes and roasting pans should go on low or high shelves in the kitchen or pantry.
- If you're really strapped for space, store seldom-used and seasonal items, such as birthday-cake molds and cookie cutters, away from the kitchen entirely. Be sure to label the boxes or storage containers so you know what's stored where.
- As for never-used fondue sets, chafing dishes, bread and ice-cream makers, snow-cone machines, and creme brulee torches, share the wealth at your next tag sale.
Activity: BakingArea: Near the mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Baking sheets, cake pans, pie plates
- Measuring spoons and cups, spatula
- Flours, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, shortening, cocoa, extracts, food coloring
- Chocolate chips, sprinkles
Next: Activity: Cooking
“[Photo by Brandi Welles on Inspired By This] When it comes to picking your bridal party, chances are you’ve chosen your MOH for countless reasons. Sister? Cousin? BFF? Woman who will throw (or help...”
PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid! Pantone revealed their 2014 color of the year ye...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
A French cancer charity found a remarkable - and hilarious - way for sufferers ...
7 readings nooks for your Nook (no pun intended) - HuffPost Home This NYC brown...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
A red light has come to signify many things, some racy, others utilitarian. Reg...