5 Ways Out of a Food Crisis
1. Order vegetarian and meat samosas from a local Indian place. Pair them with dips, such as raita (yogurt and cucumber), mango chutney, tamarind sauce, and cilantro coconut chutney.
2. Order dumplings and egg rolls from a Chinese restaurant and request extra packets of sauce. Slice up the appetizers and serve the sauce in small dishes.
3. Order pasta from a favorite Italian place and request the sauce on the side. Reheat the pasta in boiling water and the sauce in a pan. Don’t forget to ask for bread sticks or garlic bread and salad. Serve it on Grandma’s best bone china and they’ll never guess you burned the roast.
4. Sushi is the perfect finger food. Order all manners of rolls, but skip the tempura, which will turn soggy in transit.
5. Go Southwest and order taquitos or flautas for appetizers, or fajitas that you can arrange buffet-style. Ask for extra beans and rice, get plenty of chips, and be sure to spring for guacamole.