The Twelve Lists of Christmas
9 Questions to Make Even the Dullest Cocktail-Party Chat Interesting1. “If you had to choose just one place to vacation every year for the rest of your life, where would it be?”
2. “Would you rather have the ability to be invisible or have X-ray vision?”
3. “How did you meet your husband/wife/ significant other?”
4. “If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would do?”
5. And to follow up: “Would you continue to work at your current job? If not, what would you do? If yes, what do you love about your job?”
6. “If you had to give up one of your five senses, which one would it be?”
7. “What’s your favorite pastime?”
8. “What one item would you grab if your house were on fire?”
9. “If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?”
8 Ways to Break Free If Those Questions Don't Work1. “I’m going to refill my drink. Can I get you anything?” (If the person says yes, deliver the beverage and keep on moving.)
2. “Oops! I promised the host I’d say hello.”
3. “I’m so sorry. I need to use the bathroom. Do you know where it is?”
4. “It’s been so nice talking to you. I’ll catch up with you later.”
5. “I told the babysitter I’d check in around this time. I just have to make a quick call.”
6. “I’m dying to snag one of those crème de menthe bars. Would you excuse me?”
7. “Have you seen my husband/sister/friend Cathy? I promised I’d share this plate of food with him/her.”
8. “Oh look, there’s Karen. Have you two met?” (Draw Karen into the conversation, then make your exit with one of the above comments.)
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Yes, they’re annoying--and, yes, there are ways to deal. ...
Your square footage is set in stone, but if your space feels stuffed with stuff,...
from POPSUGAR Home
Chocolate bourbon bacon pie is never a mistake. Read more: #Hpfo...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Curling up with popcorn and a movie, simmering a big pot of soup or chili on th...