The Twelve Lists of Christmas
9 Questions to Make Even the Dullest Cocktail-Party Chat Interesting1. “If you had to choose just one place to vacation every year for the rest of your life, where would it be?”
2. “Would you rather have the ability to be invisible or have X-ray vision?”
3. “How did you meet your husband/wife/ significant other?”
4. “If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would do?”
5. And to follow up: “Would you continue to work at your current job? If not, what would you do? If yes, what do you love about your job?”
6. “If you had to give up one of your five senses, which one would it be?”
7. “What’s your favorite pastime?”
8. “What one item would you grab if your house were on fire?”
9. “If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?”
8 Ways to Break Free If Those Questions Don't Work1. “I’m going to refill my drink. Can I get you anything?” (If the person says yes, deliver the beverage and keep on moving.)
2. “Oops! I promised the host I’d say hello.”
3. “I’m so sorry. I need to use the bathroom. Do you know where it is?”
4. “It’s been so nice talking to you. I’ll catch up with you later.”
5. “I told the babysitter I’d check in around this time. I just have to make a quick call.”
6. “I’m dying to snag one of those crème de menthe bars. Would you excuse me?”
7. “Have you seen my husband/sister/friend Cathy? I promised I’d share this plate of food with him/her.”
8. “Oh look, there’s Karen. Have you two met?” (Draw Karen into the conversation, then make your exit with one of the above comments.)
Most Popular Galleries
“Follow this general rule of thumb to ensure you have enough wine to serve (without overbuying) at your next event....”
Emerald may have been the color of choice in 2013, but other gem-inspired jewel ...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Today, I read about a little boy in New York who asked Santa Claus to give him ...
If you're looking for last-minute decorating ideas this season, consider th...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
We made the call, and you answered. Thank you so much to everyone who responded...