The Twelve Lists of Christmas
10 Holiday Toasts1. Blessed is the season that engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.
― Hamilton Wright Mabie
2. May you have warmth in your igloo, oil in your lamp, and peace in your heart.
― Inuit proverb
3. May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.
― Joey Adams
4. May all your joys be true joys, and all your pain Champagne.
5. Here’s to holly and ivy hanging up, and to something wet in every cup.
― Ogden Nash
6. If you can’t be merry at Christmas, then you can drive the rest of us home when we are!
― Mark Bromberg
7. Here’s to us that are here, to you that are there, and the rest of us everywhere.
― Rudyard Kipling
8. In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, and never in want.
― Irish toast
9. Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.
― Benjamin Franklin
10. As you slide down the banisters of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.
Most Popular Galleries
“I don’t normally like to feature items that aren’t available immediately, but I love this new picnic tote from Built NY too much to wait. It looks just like a regular tote, doesn’t it? But…it unfolds...”
If your dark circles aren’t quite this adorable, you don’t have to grin and bear it. Try these (en)lightening strategies to minimize them.
For years and years my husband and I lived in an apartment that was fairly avera...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
The recent turn of events with the Obama Administration and a lack of transpare...
We all know what April showers bring, so end the month with a healthy stock of v...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
New to the Chicagoland real estate market is an opulent Colonial rivaling that o...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
You want a shrub in that dry corner, but no shrub will work. You want something...