At your holiday dinner table, you know it's important to stay away from controversial topics like politics, but what do you do if you don't want to revert to retelling old family stories over and over again? Luckily for you, we have some funny conversation starters that will get your family and friends bonding during the meal. We guarantee no one will want to escape the Thanksgiving table with these conversation starter questions.
For Parents to Ask Kids (Of All Ages)
- Who is the funniest person at the table and why?
- Pretend you just won $5 million. What's the first thing you would buy?
- What do you think is the hardest thing about being a parent?
- What are you most thankful for this year? (You knew it was coming.)
For Kids to Ask Parents
- If you could have named yourself, what name would you have picked?
- What do you think is the hardest thing about being a kid?
- What about me is the most (and least) like you?
- If you could eat only one food on this table for an entire year, which one would it be?
For Friends to Ask Friends
- Which person here do you wish you knew better?
- Which person at this table would make the best news anchor?
- What did you really think of your significant other on your first date?
- Your most creative leftover-turkey idea: Go!