Make the most of your time together with these games and activities.
1. Play Guess Who? Have everyone bring old photos (especially those so dated that you think people won’t recognize the faces and the hairdos),
then tack them up on a wall.
2. Host a talent show: Yes, it’s nerdy, but who better to be nerdy with than your relatives?
3. Hand out a Lifetime Achievement Award: Choose one family member to honor, soliciting testimonials from friends, coworkers, and family members in advance. Read them aloud and present the hard copies to the honoree.
4. Go on a scavenger hunt: Give each group a list of things to capture with digital cameras (birds in flight, two people kissing), and see who can snap the most items in the allotted time.
5. Or “hunt” for family members: This time the list consists of trivia about relatives. Everyone works the room to tick off who served in Vietnam, was raised on a farm, or has traveled to the most states.
6. Mark milestones: Pre-reunion, create a collaborative family time line on timetoast.com, and ask each family to post highlights from the previous year. Review the finished product when everyone is together.
Want more ideas for your next reunion? These family activities, games, and crafts are sure to provide hours of entertainment.