How To: Make Gingerbread Boy and Baker Costumes
How to: Make Gingerbread Boy
What You Need
White duct tape
3 Bottle caps
Spray Paint (in red)
Shoe laces (in white)
2 Black adhesive felt sheets
8 Black furniture pads
1. On a sheet of newspaper in a well-ventilated area, spray paint the three bottle caps red. Set aside to dry.
2. Cut tape in ¼ inch strips. Tape in a zigzag pattern along the wrists of the sleeves and the bottoms of each leg.
3. Create collar by cutting tape in half longways and making a “W” pattern.
4. Glue the buttons to the front of the brown shirt.
How to: Make Baker's Costume
1. Cut oatmeal container in half and cover with white craft paper. Glue white shower cap to the oatmeal container about 3-inches from the bottom.
2. Make a small hole on either side of the container and string shoelace through to create a strap to tie under child’s chin.
3. Cut long thin strip of black felt to create the trim of the baker’s jacket. Adhere to front of shirt. Cut a 2-inch thick strip of felt with rounded edges to create the collar of baker’s jacket and attach to the inside of the white shirt.
4. Adhere the eight black furniture pads to the front of the shirt (as pictured) to make the buttons.