Can’t commit to one look for the season? Thanks to chalkboard paint, nothing needs to be permanent.
What You’ll Need:
Chalkboard spray paint
Chalk Pencil (for Cat)
Scissors (for Cat)
Black construction paper (for Cat)
Glue gun (for Cat)
How-to for Ghost:
1. Take supplies to a well-ventilated area and place newspapers on a flat surface. Before beginning, wipe pumpkin with a damp rag to remove any dirt.
2. Hold pumpkin by the stem and spray the entire surface area. Allow pumpkin to dry, and then apply a second coat. Stand and let dry for at least 24 hours. Once dry, take your chalk and start drawing.
How-to for Cat:
Follow steps 1 and 2, above.
3. Create Cat's ears by tracing two triangles on a piece of black construction paper. Cut out.
4. Make a flap on each triangle by making a ¼-inch fold on the longest side of the triangle. Cut a slit in the middle of each flap so the ears will sit on the rounded pumpkin.
5. Glue ear flaps on either side of the stem. Break out the chalk and draw Cat's face.