24 Homemade Halloween Costumes for Kids
Trick household items into turning into this year’s most clever disguises. By Krissy Tiglias
How To: Make Genie
What You Need
White long sleeve shirt
Scarves in various colors
Gold party hat
Gold jacket fasteners
Gold round dot stickers
Rug or doormat
How To: Make Jacket
1. Cut the bottom half of the shirt off. (It should look like half a shirt.)
2. Make a slit down the center of the shirt, going from top to bottom.
3. Decorate with gold dot stickers, gold tape, and gold jacket fasteners.
4. Attach dot stickers to string and tape to the inside of the jacket so they dangle in the front.
How To: Make Jumper
1. Using the gold tape and gold dot stickers, embellish the waist of the jumper, bottom of legs, and top of the jumper.
How To: Make Hat
1. Cut the top portion of the gold party hat leaving just the bottom. (It’s about 2-3 inches from the bottom.
2. Tape two scarves to the inside of the party hat. Letting the scarves dangle down from the back of the party hat.