24 Homemade Halloween Costumes for Kids
Trick household items into turning into this year’s most clever disguises. By Krissy Tiglias
How To: Make Peacock Up
What You Need
Dark blue leotard, tutu, tights
Blue tissue paper
Gold, turquoise, blue cupcake liners
Blue mini pompoms
How To: Make Headband
1. Cut blue pipe cleaners 2-3 inches in length and glue to headband.
2. Glue blue small pompoms to the top of the pipe cleaners.
How To: Make Feathers
1. Flatten and cut gold and turquoise cupcake liners into teardrop shapes.
Glue turquoise liner to center bottom of gold liner.
2. Flatten and cut a small pie slice shape from the dark blue mini cupcake liner. Glue it to the turquoise liner.
3. Cut tissue paper in a rectangle the length of a straw.
4. Fringe cut the rectangle tissue.
5. Glue one sheet of cut tissue paper to either side of a straw.
6. Glue cupcake liner part to the top of the straw tissue paper. Then glue feathers to the tutu in a fan pattern.