24 Homemade Halloween Costumes for Kids
Trick household items into turning into this year’s most clever disguises. By Krissy Tiglias
Horrified at the idea of throwing a Halloween bash? Don’t be afraid—we’ve made a list of everything you’ll need for a frightfully fabulous event.
How To: Make Mermaid
What You Need
Crepe paper streamers
Cupcake liners (in assorted colors and sizes)
Teal ribbon (about two yards)
1. Glue lengths of crepe paper streamers in alternating colors around the waistline of a child’s dress or skirt.
2. Fold cupcake liners in half.
3. Working from bottom to top, glue to the bodice of a dress or shirt. Layer the liners length-wise, alternating colors.
4. Fold cupcake liners in half and layer them length wise along the bottoms of leggings, layering lengthwise and alternating colors. (You’ll need about two rows.)
How To: Make Tiara
1. Fold cupcake liners in half and glue the largest cupcake liner in the middle of the tiara and the smaller liners on either side. Hot glue starfish to each of the liners.
4. For the necklace, hot glue a starfish to a length of golden cord.