What you'll need: (All supplies should be available at your local craft store)
- An old book, preferably hardcover so the pages are larger
- Scissors or a utility knife
- A small stapler
- Adhesive glue dots
1. Select a book page and cut it lengthwise into nine strips, ¾-inch wide. If you’re using smaller book you might need to cut up multiple pages. Leave three of the strips full-length. Cut one inch off three of the strips. Cut two inches off two of the strips. Cut the last strip down to 3 ½-inches long.
2. Twist each strip to form a loop at both ends and staple it in the center. Shape the last, short strip into a circle and secure it with a glue dot.
3. Layer the three longest pieces on top of each other, spacing them evenly and securing each with a glue dot. Add the next two groups of pieces, doing the same. And finally, stick the small circle into the center.