Get Creative With Hard-to-Wrap Items
- Wrap the cookie in colored tissue paper.
- Slip the tissue-wrapped treat into a clear cellophane bag (available at craft stores) and tie with a ribbon.
- A mailing tube disguises long items like this. (Tape two together for something even longer, like a fishing pole.) To keep the bat from moving around, stuff the tube with bubble wrap. "Or use pages from a newspaper sports section or a sports magazine to tie in the theme," says Marian Goodman, operating vice president of shopping services for Bloomingdale's.
- Wrap the tube in paper and tie the ends, Tootsie Roll-style, with ribbon, perhaps in the colors of a favorite team.
- Remove the ball from its cardboard packaging.
- Drop the ball into a much larger box. Stuff the edges with tissue or some other wrapping material to keep the ball from rolling around.
- Wrap the box. "I've done the same thing to disguise a small jewelry box inside a series of bigger boxes," says Goodman. "You'd never expect a ring if the box you see is big enough for a coat."
- Wrap the blooms and stem in tissue paper for protection.
- Cut two pieces of spun rayon, twice as long as the plant is tall.
- Lay them crosswise, one over the other, and place the plant in the center.
- Gather all four ends of the material above the blooms. Tape the ends together, then tie them with a ribbon.
Next: You Might Also Like...
“Instead of jamming another thing in the junk drawer (I'm looking at you, glass tags) or washing wine glasses all night, use this simple trick to keep track of party-goers glasses....”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
The events in Gone Girl aren’t exactly how you’d want your fifth wed...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
When illness or injury strikes, the road to recovery is often paved with medica...
Does festival season have you feeling left out? Breathe, stay off Instagram, and...
from POPSUGAR Home
This year, Easter lands on 4/20 -- the international day for celebrating all thi...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
About 10 years ago, Dee Williams was living in a 1,500-square-foot, three-bed...