Get Creative With Hard-to-Wrap Items
- Wrap the cookie in colored tissue paper.
- Slip the tissue-wrapped treat into a clear cellophane bag (available at craft stores) and tie with a ribbon.
- A mailing tube disguises long items like this. (Tape two together for something even longer, like a fishing pole.) To keep the bat from moving around, stuff the tube with bubble wrap. "Or use pages from a newspaper sports section or a sports magazine to tie in the theme," says Marian Goodman, operating vice president of shopping services for Bloomingdale's.
- Wrap the tube in paper and tie the ends, Tootsie Roll-style, with ribbon, perhaps in the colors of a favorite team.
- Remove the ball from its cardboard packaging.
- Drop the ball into a much larger box. Stuff the edges with tissue or some other wrapping material to keep the ball from rolling around.
- Wrap the box. "I've done the same thing to disguise a small jewelry box inside a series of bigger boxes," says Goodman. "You'd never expect a ring if the box you see is big enough for a coat."
- Wrap the blooms and stem in tissue paper for protection.
- Cut two pieces of spun rayon, twice as long as the plant is tall.
- Lay them crosswise, one over the other, and place the plant in the center.
- Gather all four ends of the material above the blooms. Tape the ends together, then tie them with a ribbon.
Next: You Might Also Like...
Most Popular Galleries
“If these three cookbooks don’t fit anyone on your list, try these new options for holiday gift-giving: For the Baker Payard Desserts, Francois Payard with Tish Boyle World-famous pastry chef Francois...”
PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid! Pantone revealed their 2014 color of the year ye...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
In one of the biggest advances against leukemia and other blood cancers in many...
Chronic tailgaters and party throwers will attest to the convenience of a good f...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4xTaawv4sA When shopping for everyone on you...